- Provides general oversight of all activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the Executive Director, who has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board.
- Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. - Keeps informed of developments in human services, not-for-profit management and governance, philanthropy and fund development.
The ASU Lodestar Center Job Board has become the “go-to” resource for nonprofit sector and social sector professionals looking for new opportunities and employment.
The job board is updated daily and continuously serves as a valuable resource to our local and regional community. Find out how to add your openings to the job board. Tucson Audubon Society seeks an experienced, visionary leader to work with our Board, staff, members and investors to take our organization to its next level of programmatic and financial success.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Regularly submits to the Board accurate financial statements that reflect the financial condition of the organization.